Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guided by Imagination and Heart



When I told my kids that we could enter a contest to go to Legoland by building something with their Legos, my son immediately stuck his hand up (being in Kindergarten…this is a new habit that amuses me) and said, “Oh I know! I want to build Legoland!”. So that is what we did….we built what my kids imagine Legoland will be! Robert has been a Lego addict ever since his dad first brought him an old box of Legos from when he was a child. That was when he was 4 yrs old. He asked to have his 5th birthday at Legoland, but we planned a trip there for the summer of 2012. Sadly, I lost my job at a local children's hospital in June 2012, so the trip had to be cancelled. :( I believe my son has been “dreaming” about what Legoland would look like for 2 years now!

Robert & Audrey came up with all the ideas for our project and, aside from the carousal and some of the sign in front; built it all themselves!
They imagined Legoland to have waterslides, a zip line, carousal, bumper cars, boat rides, a smoothie shop, and some sort of ride you stand on and it lifts you up and down in the air! My daughter added a jewelry stand so the park “had something pretty” and my son added a computer map to show people where to go, a garden “because every place should have flowers”, and a carnival game “with a hammer where you can win a teddy bear”.

The whole project took about 3 days to build because the kids kept playing with it, and breaking the rides, then would have to rebuild it over again! Of course! ;)

A lot of creativity went into this if you ask me. My kids have never even seen a picture of Legoland besides on a small coupon flyer, nor have they ever been to any kind of amusement park, so they came up with all of these ideas from their own imagination. I just helped offer guidance on things, I really wanted to see what their imagination and hearts lead them to create. 

And their imagination and creativity has now lead us to a trip of a lifetime....at Legoland! Thank you Raising Arizona Kids Magazine! :)




                             My kids and I with their "Legoland"
                     The whole family at the photo shoot for Raising Arizona Kids 
                                  Magazine, who held the contest. 

                             My kids reaction when we told them they won!




No comments:

Post a Comment