Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 3:Kids Club

Day 3...Today was a little bumpy, to put it lightly. While our planned activity was loads of fun, I dealt with a problem every parent deals with when they have multiple kids....lack of agreement on activities!

It started that morning with with a simple argument on what TV show to watch in the morning. My son wanted Phineas & Ferb, but his sister had her heart set on My Little Pony. And for anyone who has met my daughter, they can tell you...she can throw a world class fit when it comes to fighting with her brother. So after several failed attempts by me to facilitate a compromise,  we ended up watching one of each. To the typical person, this may seem like a comprimise, but it wasn't- only because the unhappy child decided to make the other one misrable during the TV veiwing experience by poking them, whining, and repeatedly pausing the show to "go potty". 
Oh brother! (insert eye roll here)

Then after the TV fiasco, I pulled the troops together for our outing to the Chandler Fashion Mall for their newly added Kids Club! I knew what we were in for as we had attended this at another mall, so while I was aware of what I was walking into, it still managed to wear me down some. 

Once we arrived at the stage- Audrey was in heaven! She immediately started singing and dancing to the music, quickly snatched up her free cookie snack & toy, and was boogiing it down. My son on the other hand was less than thrilled. He is not much for big crowds, music and dancing...that is unless it's at home for family (but that's another blog post for another time). He sat there eating his cookies and playing with his new toy dinosaur figurine (really....how did I manage a dino theme this week?) happy for a short while. Then about 10 minutes into it- with no more cookies left- he started asking if it was time to go. So while I pointed out to him that his sister was having a blast, and completely oblivious to her brother's dislike for the activity, it didn't really matter. He wanted to go. This is where the difference of opinions started to wear on me. His complains grew louder (as if I wasn't hearing him only a few inches from me) and then he resourted to tactile warfare....he started poking me and having his dino toy walk on my head to get my attention. Ughhhh! (insert a 2nd eye roll) After a grueling 30 minutes, the show was over, now Audrey was sad and Robert was happy.

And this was our pace for the remainder of the day. One wanted pretzels, one wanted the play area. One wanted to play alone, the other wanted to play tag. And so on and so forth. 

And while it was great spending so much time with my kids, no school, no homework, no dance class schedule, I see how these parts of their "typical" daily schedule actually gives everyone some balance in our family. And keeps mommy for drinking. All day. Every day! ;)

Here's to a better day tomorrow!
Day 3: Bumpy...to say the least ;)


                          Audrey in heaven: cookies, toys, music & dancing? Heck yeah!
                The way cool dinosaur bone costume one of the performers wore. 
                                            Amazingly cool!
                  Robert happy for a minute with his cookies and dino toy!



TOMORROW:

Day 4: Whatever we make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment