Spring Break. It's a time of year that I never really cared for one way or another. I never did anything "cool" during my spring breaks during school (nope...not even during those "crazy" college days), and in my home up until this year I never had to observe Spring Break. Why? Because this year my oldest is finally in school...Kindergarten to be exact. Scary!!! And the thought of having to come up with plans during his 2 1/2 weeks off from school for both him and his sister seemed scary...at first. But then I decided to welcome the challenge.Why not embrace this challenge like a good "Am Not!" "Are Too!" squabble I hear my kids get into all the time? I decided to cram this Spring Break with as many of the things that I always thought would be cool to do...but never found the time to do with the kids. So that is what this week's blog is going to be. A recount of the cool things we never have the time to do normally, but that I am taking the week off from work (figuratively speaking) to do. I figure it's either going to work out beautifully...or go down in epic flames. ;) Either way...you all will be along for the journey!
Now you may be doing the math and just realized that I noted my kids are off from school for 2 1/2 weeks, and I only have plans for 1. Well...that would be because my kids have awesome grandparents who offer up "Camp Grandma & Grandpa" during these long school breaks from school as well. So my kids will be going out to Cali for a whole week of spoiling a la Grandparent-style. More about that experience when it comes to a head!
So stay tuned for this week's daily account of: Spring Break...or Bust!
Tomorrow...
Day 1: We want to go hiking mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment